Please take some time to look at this page in detail before you start your search for hotel rooms for sale.
We are going to start by talking about some possible investments in tourist real estate!
Then we will go into the details. As an investor, it is best to gather as much information as possible (both on the past and the future) about the tourism sector!
The following figures, charts and statistics can serve as a guide.
As an investor, you can use it when evaluating investment options in the national and international tourism sector!
Table of Contents
- 1 Offers – Hotel rooms for sale as investment property
- 2 Tourism is the key to development & prosperity
- 3 Expectations for the international tourism sector
- 4 Conclusion | Hotel rooms for sale: essential facts
- 5 Even more interesting knowledge & info
- 6 Source | Hotel rooms for sale: indispensable facts
- 7 Other investment property offers
Offers – Hotel rooms for sale as investment property
Hotel rooms for sale in France in luxury golf & spa resort with free private use
Invest in a luxury studio or flat operated by a prestigious hotel chain?
With a watertight contract that provides a minimum return of 3 / 6 / 8 % per year?
In which you acquire FULL OWNERSHIP and do not invest via a long lease or building rights construction?
In France, it is possible! Moreover, these are newly built flats and studios, equipped with the highest quality materials and furnishings.
View the offer Buy a second home in France at the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort.
And find out how you can enjoy an increasing guaranteed return and two unique bonus returns from a 42,500-euro equity investment (supplemented by a loan):
- 2 weeks per year free personal use, can be planned freely during the high and low season
- 2 optional resale guarantees:
- After 5 years you can sell the property at a minimum of 125% of the original purchase price
- After 10 years you can sell the property at a minimum of 150% of the original purchase price
This recreational property is among the top in terms of tourism real estate investments and guaranteed returns!
Hotel rooms for sale in Spain in golf hotel with right of personal use
Buying a hotel room in Spain [AVAILABLE SOON] as an investment with the right of personal use…
It can be an interesting route if you want to combine a return on your savings with quality time under the Spanish sun.
It is possible to acquire full ownership of a flat in a four-star golf hotel on the Costa del Sol.
Find out all the in-depth information about buying a flat in this Spanish hotel through the following offer: Flat for sale on the Costa del Sol [AVAILABLE SOON] in golf resort with secure rental income.
The main advantages are:
- 5% contractually guaranteed rental yield per year (for the first three years)
- Profit sharing from year 4 onwards with minimum return built in
- Right to 8 weeks personal use per year (at minimum cost)
From EUR 40 000, you can already acquire full ownership of a flat here (in combination with a loan that you can also take out locally through a Spanish bank if you wish).
Invest in French recreational real estate without free private use
Are you looking for ways to increase the return on your savings? So why not invest in recreational real estate in France?
From EUR 17 230, you can invest and enjoy a minimum entry yield of 3% per year.
This return climbs up over the years, reaching 8% in the last five years.
View the details on the offer investing in recreational real estate with up to 8% return per year.
- Optionally, you can make use of 2 resale guarantees: minimum 125% and 150% of the original purchase value after 5 and 10 years respectively.
- It is possible to make use of the recreational property in question yourself, but this is subject to payment.
It is a co-ownership investment and the advantage is that you can easily exit whenever you want (liquid form of investing money in real estate [AVAILABLE SOON]).
Hotel rooms for sale in Samos in luxury hotel on hillside
You can buy a holiday home on Samos at the Hera Bay Luxury Resort on very interesting financial terms.
You can invest in various types of recreational real estate and then opt for mixed use.
This means that you are entitled to free weeks of personal use every year.
The rest of the time, your property will be included in the resort’s rental system and you will receive contractually guaranteed annual rental income (rental guarantee) for it.
This is an exceptional opportunity to invest in Greece in a prime location on the idyllic island of Samos.
Tourism is the key to development & prosperity
The tourism sector is a strong growth sector, apart from some dips that slowed down growth.
Over a 34-year period (from 1980 to the year 2014), the number of arrivals of international tourism increased by 309 per cent.
The graph below shows the evolution of international tourism per continent for the period 1950-2014:
In 1950, the number of international tourist arrivals was 25 million and the turnover was USD 2 billion.
Thirty years later, in the year 1980, the number of international tourist arrivals already reached 278 million. This brought in a turnover of USD 104 billion.
Another 15 years later, in the year 1995, the number of arrivals was 527 million and the international turnover was USD 415 billion.
In the year 2014, the number of international arrivals already reached 1 133 million, accounting for a turnover of USD 1 245 billion.
These staggering growth figures show that the tourism industry has experienced continuous expansion and diversification.
As a result, this sector has become one of the largest and fastest growing economic sectors in the world.
Many new destinations have put themselves on the map, alongside more traditional destinations in Europe and North America.
The growth is actually the result of an increasing number of destinations worldwide investing and investing in tourism.
Tourism thus becomes a driving force of socio-economic progress.
The development of the tourism sector creates jobs and businesses.
A flourishing tourism sector also increases export turnover and ensures the development of large infrastructure works.
Additional consequence: Hotel rooms for sale with attractive yield
This development also offers opportunities for investors who want to get a piece of the pie in this booming sector!
If you are looking for hotel rooms for sale as an investment, you will find out more about the statistics behind this form of investment on this overview page.
Below you can read more about opportunities worldwide!
Expectations for the international tourism sector
The number of international tourist arrivals is estimated to increase by 3.3 per cent per year for two decades (between 2010 and 2030).
The number of international arrivals is estimated to reach 1.8 billion in the year 2030:
In 1950, the number of international arrivals was still 25 million and in 2014 it was 1 133 million.
Developing countries versus developed countries
During this period between 2010 and 2030, international arrivals in developing countries will grow twice as fast as those in already developed economies.
In concrete terms, this means a growth of 4.4% per year in developing countries and a growth of 2.2% in developed economies.
Developing countries include Central and Eastern Europe, Eastern Mediterranean Europe, the Middle East, Africa, Latin America and certain parts of Asia.
As a result, the number of international arrivals in developing countries will exceed the number of arrivals in developed countries even before the year 2020.
In the year 1980, developing and developed economies had shares of 30 and 70 per cent respectively of total international arrivals.
In the year 2030, these power relations will be reversed…
After all, the developing and developed economies will then have a share of 57 per cent and 43 per cent respectively of total international arrivals.
Most popular destinations
The vast majority of tourists travel in their region of origin.
For example, many Europeans travel somewhere in Europe. This is about eighty per cent of all arrivals worldwide.
Biggest customers at region level
The biggest buyers of international travel are developed economies such as Europe, America and Asia.
The developing economies are catching up, however.
The disposable income is rising rapidly there and, as a result, the number of people travelling in markets such as:
- Central Europe
- Eastern Europe
- Middle East
- Latin America
Europe is still the largest consumer and accounts for just over 50 per cent of all international arrivals worldwide.
In absolute figures, Europe welcomed a total of 608 million visitors.
Asia and the Pacific countries account for a market share of 24 per cent.
Biggest customers at country level
China is the undisputed leader in spending abroad and is also the fastest growing consumer of all countries worldwide.
Global leader: China
China is THE global performer in terms of tourism spending abroad.
Chinese tourists’ spending abroad increased by USD 36 billion in 2014 compared to 2013.
This is an increase of no less than 27 percent compared to the year 2013.
Some reasons why Chinese people are going on holiday more and more:
- Rising incomes
- Upgrading currency
- Improved facilities for travelling
- Weakening of restrictions on foreign travel
You can see it in the table below: Chinese tourists spent a total of USD 164.9 billion in foreign holiday destinations in 2014.
The number of Chinese people travelling abroad has increased exponentially over the past two decades.
All Chinese tourists together accounted for 13.2 per cent of global tourist spending in 2014.
The gap between leader China and the second largest buying country the United States has further widened to USD 54.1 billion.
This is despite a 6.4 per cent growth in spending by US residents in 2014 compared to 2013.
Other nations going on holiday
Germany is the world’s third largest buyer of holidays and recorded tourist spending of USD 92.2 billion in 2014.
That is a modest increase of 0.9 per cent compared to 2013.
Besides China, there are other countries with double-digit growth in tourism expenditure:
- Saudi Arabia
- Czech Republic and
Conclusion | Hotel rooms for sale: essential facts
This page contains a lot of information about the trends and evolutions in the international and local tourism sectors.
The tourism sector has a great deal of potential for the future, as demonstrated by the insane growth rates in comparison to 1950.
The future is bright for the tourism sector: both developed and developing economies will continue to grow at a brisk pace.
This offers exceptional opportunities for investors who want to benefit from this national and international tourism sector and, at the same time, invest in real estate [AVAILABLE SOON].
For example, hotel chains and building promoters worldwide offer the possibility of purchasing a hotel room for private use and/or rental.
Check out the hotel rooms for sale offers on this page for some inspiration and possible options!
Such investments are relatively new in some countries, but they have been around for decades in others.
Even more interesting knowledge & info
During your search for hotel rooms for sale, you will gain a lot of knowledge.
This knowledge can help you later with your investment decisions.
This way, a cunning salesman can no longer fool you.
And this allows you to know perfectly what the correct projections are in terms of expected return (linked to assumptions about the occupancy rate) and future pricing.
Read more knowledge, tips and offers on investing in hotel real estate on the following pages:
- Find out more about the advantages and disadvantages of buying a hotel room investment.
- Buying a hotel room in Spain [AVAILABLE SOON] for the ultimate mix of relaxation and profitability
Source | Hotel rooms for sale: indispensable facts
Other investment property offers
Buying investment property [AVAILABLE SOON] with security and guarantees is on the rise.
Investing in real estate with rental guarantee [AVAILABLE SOON] is possible and offers an alternative to the savings account.
You do not have to play landlord and passive investment in real estate [AVAILABLE SOON] is perfectly possible in practice. Managing revenue properties [AVAILABLE SOON] certainly doesn’t have to be your job or your concern…
Such a rental guarantee varies enormously from promoter to promoter and a distinction is made between three types:
- Buy a second home in France with a guaranteed return of up to 8% per year and 2 weeks free private use per year. Bonus return: resale at minimum 125% or 150% of the original purchase value after 5 or 10 years respectively.
- Recreational real estate in France as a carefree investment with guaranteed return - you can invest as little as 17 230 Euros, with up to 8% annual return. No free private use but at favourable rate. Bonus return: resale at minimum 125% or 150% of original purchase price after 5 or 10 years respectively.
- Buy a second home on the island of Samos, with free weeks of personal use and contractually guaranteed returns
- Buy a flat on the Costa del Sol [AVAILABLE SOON] including a carefree rental service and returns
- German real estate as investment with security of tenure and low entry costs, including trustee and steward
- Buy-to-let property in Brussels in Woluwe, a real top location that allows for a value-adding real estate investment. Passive investment with 5-6% return if you partly finance with a loan
- Buy a new flat in Brussels [AVAILABLE SOON] in Evere as a passive investment with rental service from A to Z, as from 85 000 Euros own contribution with an annual return of +/- 5,5% (passive investment in Brussels real estate is possible here)
- Invest in Swedish family homes for rent [AVAILABLE SOON] on a beautiful plot of land and with attractive potential gross annual returns
- Buy luxury property in Montenegro with magnificent views and free 6 weeks of private use per year, including rental service by the resort with promising annual returns. 100% personal use is also possible.