Buying a second home in France has never been so (financially) attractive...
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort in the French Limousin region is the ultimate location for a luxury property investment with a 5-star return.
You can currently acquire full ownership of a luxury studio or flat and kill two birds with one stone every year:
- Two weeks free personal use per year, and
- An increasing and fully passive return per year, guaranteed by a contractually defined guarantee of return
Find out all about it below!
Summary of this investment opportunity
The current decline in tourism due to the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has no impact on your return on investment, which starts accruing immediately!
The resort is scheduled to start operating at the end of 2021 and the budgeting and financial planning (including payment of returns to owners from the moment of purchase) of this resort are fully based on an opening at the end of 2021.
- Investing is possible as of 42,500 Euros (in combination with financing through a mortgage or interest-only loan)
- Luxury studios and flats (renovated and newly built) for sale in full ownership
- Contractually guaranteed annual net return:
- 3% net return for year 1 (calculated on the purchase price of the property), followed by
- 6% net yield for year 2 to year 6 (calculated on the purchase price of the property), followed by
- 8% net yield for year 7 to year 11 (calculated on the purchase price of the property)
- Optionally renewable for another 9 years (after expiry of first 11 years)
- If you (partially) finance with a loan, the annual return on your own invested funds will be even higher (ask for more information for a customised return simulation)
- 2 weeks free personal use per year (to be planned freely during both the high and the low season)
- As an owner of a second home in this 5-star resort, you enjoy a 25% discount on all facilities, activities, restaurants, etc.
- Contractual buy-back and resale guarantees:
- After 5 years, there is an optional buy-back guarantee at 100% of the original purchase price
- After 10 years, you have the option of making use of a resale guarantee at a minimum of 150% of the original purchase price (thus a minimum of 50% added value)
- Immediate passive return that you receive immediately after your investment and the transfer of the funds:
- Your return is guaranteed from the moment you purchase and will not be delayed until the opening at the end of 2021 (carefully worked out financial plan and budgeting guarantee this).
- For the first year, you will receive the annual return immediately after making the investment and transferring the funds.
- From year 2, your return will be paid quarterly in advance.
- Recreational real estate for mixed use:
- Private use is free for 2 weeks per year without affecting your return
- More private use than 2 weeks per year is possible but then the return decreases per extra week used
- Completely carefree and passive real estate investment with guaranteed return in this beautiful resort in France (Nouvelle-Aquitaine region)
- Completely managed and maintained when you are not using your property yourself
- No hidden costs (investment and prices include costs of fixtures, fittings, inventory and furniture) associated with buying a second home in France
- No maintenance or renovation costs during the contract. The promoter takes care of later renovation costs (both for the property and the inventory and furniture) so no unpleasant financial surprises during the contract!
- Request more information here and receive free, no-obligation English-language guidance and yield simulations tailored to your situation and requirements.
- Your request will go directly to an English-speaking representative who is responsible for this project (and therefore not to French-speaking representatives with whom you may experience an annoying language barrier).
Table of Contents
- 1 Summary of this investment opportunity
- 2 Operating agreement with Wyndham - Buying a second home in France with rental guarantee
- 3 Welcome to Wyndham Halcyon Retreat
- 4 The facilities
- 5 Château hotel as attraction
- 6 Golf at the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort
- 7 World-class spa
- 8 Water adventure park (Aqua Adventure Park)
- 9 The facilities of the resort at a glance
- 10 Buying a child-friendly second home in France
- 11 The grounds of the resort
- 12 Weddings and events
- 13 The French village (Le Village) | Buying a luxury second home in France
- 14 Luxury flats for sale - Buying a second home in France
- 15 Financial details of this opportunity | Buying a second home in France
- 15.1 Own contribution requirements to invest
- 15.2 Property type - Buying a second home in France
- 15.3 Return on this investment with a carefree rental guarantee
- 15.3.1 11-year rental guarantee with top yield - Buying a second home in France
- 15.3.2 Bonus return: Entitlement to 2 weeks of free private use per year
- 15.3.3 Second bonus: Buy-back guarantee and resale guarantee
- 15.3.4 Perfect for investment horizons of 5 or 10 years (or longer) - Buying a holiday home in France
- 15.3.5 With or without financial leverage (loan) - Huge difference
- 15.3.6 Tailor-made return simulations available
- 15.4 Hands-free investment in recreational real estate with rental guarantee
- 15.5 Who can benefit from this investment in French holiday homes?
- 16 Location of this recreational property as an investment
- 17 Inspection and viewing trips
- 18 Progress of the resort
- 19 Interested in buying a second home in France | Invest safely and carefree in this resort!
- 20 Frequently Asked Questions - Buying a second home in France
- 20.0.1 Where is the Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort located somewhere in France?
- 20.0.2 How does the train connection work?
- 20.0.3 Who is the manager of the resort?
- 20.0.4 Why is the franchise agreement with the Wyndham Hotel Group beneficial for the resort?
- 20.0.5 What is being built and what is the schedule?
- 20.0.6 What is currently in use, including facilities?
- 20.0.7 How does an investor acquire such a recreational property?
- 20.0.8 What securities do I have? How safe is it to buy a second home in France in this resort?
- 20.0.9 What is VEFA?
- 20.0.10 Can you rent out my country house and what are the conditions?
- 20.0.11 How often can I use my holiday home?
- 20.0.12 How can I reserve my private use if my holiday home is included in the rental scheme?
- 20.0.13 What do you mean by the 'no fees to pay' option?
- 20.0.14 What are the costs of buying a second home in France?
- 20.0.15 What are the costs for furniture and fittings for a fully owned investment?
- 20.0.16 How much do periodic renovations and refurbishments cost?
- 20.0.17 How much does an inspection trip cost and what exactly does such a site visit entail?
- 20.0.18 How do we book an inspection trip to see the resort on site?
- 20.0.19 How do I take my favourite income property off the market, and how do I buy it?
- 20.0.20 How does the after-sales service work?
Operating agreement with Wyndham - Buying a second home in France with rental guarantee
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort is now part of the world's largest hotel company and is the first of its kind in France under the Wyndham Hotels and Resorts brand.
Its parent company, Wyndham Hotel Group, is amazingly opening a new hotel every day in China alone. The company's global portfolio includes over 7 698 properties with more than 668 524 rooms in 71 countries.
The global brands that the company owns include Dolce Hotels and Resorts, Wyndham Grand Hotels and Resorts, Ramada Encore, Days Inn and many more.
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat agreement includes the construction of the 225-room, studio and flat resort, which will be franchised through the Wyndham Hotel Group.
Dan Ruff, Chairman and Managing Director of Wyndham Hotel Group (Europe, Middle East, Africa and India), has this to say about it:
This beautiful resort opens a door for investors and property owners who are looking for mixed-use resorts and want to benefit from the unique offer and scale of our diverse hospitality business. - Dan Ruff
Robin Barrasford, the Operations Director of Wyndham Halcyon Retreat (the franchisee), shared the following regarding this franchise agreement:
This agreement gives our residential leisure properties a truly unique advantage while allowing both our luxury property buyers and our hotel guests to enjoy exceptional experiences and truly value for money. Owners of properties within the resort will also greatly benefit from the international reach in terms of distribution and marketing (as a result of our partnership with this global leader in the hotel industry). - Robin Barrasford
Welcome to Wyndham Halcyon Retreat
A private piece of elegance and luxury in a fully managed, prestigious resort in the heart of the French Lake District.
Wyndham Halcyon Retreat... Where the rural beauty of nature blends effortlessly with a lush and luxurious holiday life.
Château developments ensure that getting a slice of France's rich heritage becomes a viable and affordable option. - The Times
This is a developing high-end luxury golf and spa resort for families that is now part of the world's largest hotel group Wyndham, with superb facilities for all ages:
- Majestic family-friendly French resort
- Superb facilities for all ages
- Award winning restaurant
- A world-class spa
- Professional 18 hole golf course
- Existing and newly built properties for sale
Imagine a place where the beauty of nature blends effortlessly with a luxurious holiday life.
Where families enjoy spacious luxury accommodation in a French village setting with an excellent range of facilities on a vast, beautiful estate in the heart of the French Lake District. Welcome to Wyndham Halcyon Retreat!
Fancy buying a second home in France? This beautiful resort offers not only beautiful, stress-free and carefree leisure homes, but also fantastic rental opportunities with guaranteed returns.
The resort includes existing studios and 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom flats (and even some luxury tree house apartments) and more are being created (new builds) in the heart of the French countryside in the Limousin region.
Wonderful facilities for the whole family are available just a few metres from your holiday home...
Enjoy a game of golf on the resort's magnificent 18-hole golf course, take the children to the Aqua Adventure Park for a refreshing dip, or indulge in a relaxing treatment at the incredible spa housed in the fairytale-towered chateau.
Afterwards, dine at one of the resort's high-quality restaurants and eateries, including the award-winning à la carte Château restaurant.
The resort's holiday homes are expertly built and furnished to a high standard.
They provide spacious and beautiful accommodation in beautiful and natural surroundings.
Guests can soon enjoy a game of golf on the exclusive 18-hole golf course or relax in the world-class spa.
Once fully open, adults and children of all ages will find a wide range of facilities to enjoy at Wyndham Halcyon Retreat:
- Large range of wonderful facilities
- Manicured 18-hole golf course
- Fantastic world-class French spa
- Aqua adventure park (water theme park)
- Fully stocked lakes for anglers
Buying a second home in France? Do it in luxury and style, with an eye for profit!
You can buy a holiday home in France here and enjoy the best of both worlds:
- Fantastic leisure opportunities for the whole family (2 weeks free per year), and
- A nice guaranteed annual return on your invested capital (+ buy-back and resale guarantee)
Wyndham Halcyon Retreat is a luxurious stand-alone resort with a huge range of facilities available once it is fully open and operational.
You can enjoy a game of golf on the resort's exclusive 18-hole golf course or relax in the world-class spa housed in the small towered castle.
Children will enjoy the extensive indoor adventure zone (a large indoor children's playground) and the wonderful Aqua Adventure Park with pools and cool slides:
Spend an afternoon fishing on the fully stocked lakes, try out the tennis courts or take the family on mountain bikes to explore the network of cycling and walking trails in the area.
Walk around the lakes and on the trails or enjoy a longer hike in the area.
The Limousin region is also criss-crossed by a network of well-maintained bridleways, ideal for horse lovers and horse riding.
The classic bakery (boulangerie) in the resort grounds bakes delicious breads, French baguettes and pastries every day, according to French tradition.
Enjoy delicious cuisine in majestic surroundings in the exclusive restaurant at the Château hotel, enjoy a fresh and healthy meal in the spa's wellness café or sample the delicious à-la-carte dishes served in the family restaurant.
Château hotel as attraction
The Château Hotel is the elegant centrepiece of the resort with views over the manicured golf course to the lakes.
The main castle of the estate has been converted into a world-class hotel, with an excellent restaurant serving top cuisine and a cosy wine bar:
- Award-winning restaurant
- Excellent wine bar run by and for sommeliers
- Generous and elegant accommodation and furnishings
- Exclusive penthouse presidential suite
- Extremely attractive and successful wedding venue
The elegant and graceful castle hotel is spread over five floors and has been converted into a romantic, bespoke and characterful luxury hotel.
On the ground floor of the Château, with its sumptuous panelling, antique frescoes and elegant tall windows, is a beautiful restaurant, which showcases the best of local and seasonal produce.
The sommelier's wine bar is perfect if you wish to indulge in the finest wines and even has its own exclusive champagne from the château itself (limited edition).
Visitors can relax in the spacious and beautifully decorated lounge and bar areas or enjoy the French sun on one of the outdoor terraces.
Both the first and second floors of the château contain luxurious hotel room suites, of which the top floor has been converted into a romantic and elegant penthouse suite.
The château hotel is a successful venue for weddings, with couples coming from all over the world to celebrate their special day in this beautiful setting.
Golf at the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort
Buying a second home in France at the golf course? Here it is possible!
The beautifully maintained and expertly designed 18-hole golf course stretches across the large grounds of the resort in one of the most idyllic settings in France:
- 18-hole golf course
- Designed by experts
- Magnificent location
- Nestled between glistening lakes and forests
- Beautifully groomed fairways
- As the owner of a country house in this resort you enjoy a 25% discount on the green fee (which is €45)
The golf course of the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort was designed by Bruce Weller, an authority in the golf world with more than 18 years of experience.
The golf course of the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat estate offers players a challenging set of 18 holes in breathtaking surroundings.
With greens (patches of short cut grass where the hole is located and where to putt) rolling out across the resort's lavish and beautifully maintained grounds, players can tee off in style against the stunning backdrop of shimmering lakes, rolling countryside and the elegant Château luxury hotel.
By the way, before you hit the golf ball off the tee, you can take the opportunity to stock up on all the essentials at the resort's professional golf shop.
This shop is located in the clubhouse in the resort village and is only a short distance from the first hole.
Enjoy an 18-hole golf course that stretches over green courses and plains in one of the most idyllic settings in France.
All this just a short walk from the front door of your luxury flat in France. Buying a flat on the golf course is perfectly possible in this French resort, with unique advantages in terms of returns and personal use!
The location of the 18th hole makes for a perfect positioning next to the Château hotel.
You can relax with a cool refreshing drink or a delicious cup of coffee in one of the resort's bars and treat yourself to a delicious snack.
You can also always take a refreshing dip in the pool next to the boutique hotel! This is a perfect ending to an invigorating day on the fairways!
International demand for French homes on or near golf courses is expected to grow after France's successful bid to host the Ryder Cup in 2018. - A Place in the Sun
The spa at Wyndham Halcyon Retreat is idyllically located in a beautiful 16th century castle with turrets near glistening lakes.
This Spa by Wyndham Halcyon Retreat is a completely unique facility, which is set to become one of the best spas in Europe:
- Europe's only spa housed in a historic castle with authentic turrets
- Indoor and outdoor infinity pool
- World-class facilities
- A wide range of treatments
- Designed to attract clients from all over the world
The original 16th century castle on the premises is being transformed into a truly magnificent spa with turrets restored to their original grandeur.
The spa is open exclusively to adults (children are not admitted) with wonderful luxury treatments in a unique, historic setting that is destined to become one of Europe's top destinations.
Indulge in a range of treatments performed by expert therapists in the most inviting of environments.
Refresh and relax your senses in the aromatherapy steam room before fully relaxing in the sauna or cleansing yourself in the spa's unique salt therapy room.
This spa is a wonderful haven of tranquillity and the perfect pampering during a virtuous holiday.
The spa treatments are an experience to be enjoyed and never to be forgotten.
Buying a second home in France near a fantastic spa? Attractive for guests of the resort but also for yourself (or your partner) as owner?
Housed in the turreted castle in the grounds of the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort, this spa is set to become one of Europe's top destinations for spas and relaxation.
Water adventure park (Aqua Adventure Park)
The Aqua Adventure Park at the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort is a fantastic centre for swimming, relaxation and fun, offering hours of entertainment for the whole family:
- Extensive indoor family facility
- 25-metre indoor pool and outdoor heated pool
- Covered beach, restaurant and fitness centre
- Water slides and hydrotherapy
- Additional outdoor pool close to the hotel
The excellent water park is located near the village of 'Le Village' and promises hours of fun for the whole family, with facilities for all ages.
The focus of the centre is the 25-metre indoor pool, which not only offers a place to swim, but also provides entertainment for the children thanks to a water slide and an indoor beach!
There is also a hydrotherapy and a heated outdoor pool.
Away from the water, there is much more for you to enjoy. On the first floor you will find a fantastic fitness centre full of the latest fitness equipment.
After a good workout, there is a family restaurant that serves snacks and drinks throughout the day.
The facilities of the resort at a glance
- Well-kept 18-hole golf course
- Idyllic spa in a tower castle (château spa)
- Excellent restaurant with top cuisine
- Wine and cocktail bar run by the sommelier
- Large indoor Aqua Adventure Park
- Swimming pools and slides
- Large indoor playground of 1600 m², covered adventure zone for children
- Mountain bike and hiking trails
- Crèche facilities (child care)
- Equestrian centre
- Two well-stocked fishing lakes
- Family restaurants
- Fitness room, fitness classes, wellness restaurant
- Classic French bakery, delicatessens, boutiques
- Manicured gardens and grounds
- Wedding facilities, presidential suite
- Conference facilities
- Exciting indoor laser game (Laser Quest)
Aerial view of the grounds and facilities of Wyndham Halcyon Retreat including the Chateau hotel, the spa, the revenue properties in the village and the 18-hole golf course:
Legend of the resort map (see graphic above):
Golf holes: 1 to 18
- Hotel Château
- Arboretum forest
- Tennis courts
- Tree houses
- Luxury château spa centre
- Golf course clubhouse
- Village including:
- Luxury flats and studios
- Indoor playground (play castle) for children
- Bakery with daily fresh products
- Boutique shops
- Aqua Adventure Park (water theme park)
- Sports centre including sports fields
- Private fishing lake
Buying a child-friendly second home in France
Buying a holiday home in France in this resort can be a smart move for families with children as well as for smart investors.
There is a huge indoor playground, which is very attractive to families with children.
So from a rental perspective, the resort also appeals to a wide range of guests, including families with children.
In this indoor playground, you will find a unique adventure castle that is good for no less than 1,600 m² of playing fun, spread over four floors.
Even adults are jealous and would give money to be able to turn back the clock!
The children's play castle on the theme of The Three Musketeers stimulates the imagination and senses of all ages:
- Fantastic indoor play area of no less than 1,600 m²
- Separate play area for toddlers and pre-schoolers
- Go-karts, ball pools, mini-sports ground, climbing wall, slides, foam ball throwers
- Complies with the European RoSPA and APAVE safety standards.
- Handy crèche
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat children's play area is located in an adventure castle and consists of four fun floors with go-karts, climbing walls, rope bridges, slides and ball pools.
Each floor presents something new and is just as exciting as the last.
Want to buy a second home in France with attention to the needs and wishes of families with children? This resort is particularly child-friendly!
A separate toddler area with bright colours and soft equipment and toys is also provided, offering your little ones the chance to have fun in a fun, safe and stimulating play area.
The construction meets European safety standards and complies with RoSPA and APAVE guidelines.
SPI Play was selected to draw up the plans and build the playground. They have made numerous playgrounds in the UK and are considered the most imaginative and safe playground builder in Europe.
The grounds of the resort
Surrounded by shimmering lakes, an established arboretum (specialist botanical garden) and stunning scenery, the setting of the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat resort could not be better and more perfect:
- Manicured gardens and trails
- Cycle paths and walking trails (looping if desired)
- Large, fully stocked fishing lakes
- Abundant local fauna and flora
- Forests, lakes and an established arboretum
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat site is located in a beautiful area of lush French countryside in the country's breathtaking lake district.
Surrounded by shimmering lakes and forests, including an established arboretum, the resort's location could hardly be more ideal.
The grounds of Wyndham Halcyon Retreat, which extend over 90 acres, are a verdant setting with plenty of trails, trees, lakes and manicured gardens.
Slip back in time as the beauty of this idyllic, historic location captivates you.
On the extensive grounds, you will also find the beautiful Château hotel and a historically richer smaller castle that is now the resort's spa.
For fishing enthusiasts, there are fully stocked lakes both on site and nearby so you can fish for your own 'catch of the day'.
Even the legendary pilgrimage route to Santiago de Compostela passes close to the resort.
In short, buying a second home in France at this fantastic resort is a guarantee of relaxation in nature.
There is so much to enjoy in and around the entire property that this is truly the perfect location for the ultimate family holiday experience.
Weddings and events
The majestic grounds of Wyndham Halcyon Retreat and the spectacular Château hotel combine to provide the perfect venue for incredible weddings and other events:
- Available all year round
- Enjoy dining in an award-winning restaurant with top service
- Perfect location
- Fantastic accommodation and facilities
Wyndham Halcyon Retreat already has an excellent reputation as a wedding venue, with couples from all over the world visiting for their wedding weekend.
The elegant interior of the Château hotel has been thoroughly renovated and modernised to bring each room of the hotel up to a world-class standard.
The interior retains the classic French charm and elegance expected of a luxury chateau hotel... and creates the perfect fairytale wedding venue, not only for couples, but also for their families and friends.
The castle is then exclusively available for the wedding party.
It is their own castle for the weekend with a great dedicated team that allows the bride and groom to relax and enjoy their celebration with the people they love.
Wyndham Halcyon Retreat is also used for a mix of other events such as conferences, fashion photo shoots and even as a fitness retreat.
The market for conferences and corporate events cannot be underestimated, especially during the off-season.
This means an additional pool of tenants, on top of Wyndham's own millions of customers worldwide.
The French village (Le Village) | Buying a luxury second home in France
This unique, cosy French village comprises a selection of traditional stone buildings that are being converted into both beautiful accommodation and excellent resort facilities.
Le Village will include a classic French bakery, delicatessens and a dedicated reception area.
Interested in buying a second home in France, somewhere in the Limousin region? Then this offer might be just the thing for you!
The unique properties in this French village are renovated as well as newly built to the highest standards:
- Exclusive, characterful yield properties
- Spacious luxury flats (1-, 2-, 3-, and 4-bedrooms) and studios for sale (renovated and newly built)
- Traditional style stone buildings
- Streets are made of cobblestones for an authentic experience. You will find cosy boutiques.
- Bakery and patisserie present
Le Village consists of a cluster of typical and picturesque traditional buildings, which have been adapted and renovated using local craftsmanship to the high standards required today.
Several new buildings are also being created to complement the existing ones.
Buying a second home in France in this 5-star Golf & Spa Resort? Here, as an investor, you have the choice between renovation and newly built, which is not insignificant compared to other providers of recreational real estate!
Many of these buildings house the unique yield properties (studios and flats as recreational homes).
These recreation homes are luxuriously finished to form the distinctive 'village' of Halcyon Retreat Resort, just north of the Château hotel.
By respecting the traditional architectural styles of the facades and streets, visitors here can feel the atmosphere and energy of the past. History is dripping from the walls and streets.
It does not take much imagination to imagine how the grounds of this resort used to be a lively and bustling place.
When horses and carts came along and the locals were busy with their daily crafts...
Owners (and tenants) of this property in the French village will wake up to stunning views of the rolling countryside.
Many of these luxury flats will also enjoy views that extend across the perfectly manicured grounds of the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort.
Some suites even offer views that reach as far as the sparkling lakes at the far end of the resort.
Tip: In the morning, walk to the French village's fragrant bakery to choose your delicious French bread and pastries for breakfast before starting your day full of great activities.
Luxury flats for sale - Buying a second home in France
With views over the manicured golf course reaching to the resort's sparkling lakes, the luxury flats and studios in Le Village at the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat resort will be fully finished and furnished.
The furnishing of the yield properties will be at an incredibly high level:
- Spacious and luxurious accommodation
- Fully furnished to a superior standard (high quality furniture and home furnishings)
- Buying a holiday home in France is possible here with views of the golf course and lake
- Large selection of flats (studios and 1, 2, 3 and 4 bedroom flats for sale)
- Existing and new to be built holiday homes for sale as an investment
The holiday homes at Le Village in this beautiful Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf and Spa Resort represent a fantastic opportunity to purchase a world-class property with character in the heart of the beautiful lake district of France.
The entire estate will offer the very best in luxury living.
All properties in Le Village will be fully refurbished and decorated to the highest standards, offering spacious and luxurious quality accommodation in a natural, beautiful setting.
Currently, a wide selection of existing and yet-to-be-built studios and flats are available for purchase, each spread over one or two floors and located in the stylish and historically rich 'Le Village'.
In addition to the sumptuous bedrooms, these luxury flats also feature at least one ensuite bathroom, a spacious living room (and a kitchenette in certain flats).
Financial details of this opportunity | Buying a second home in France
Own contribution requirements to invest
As a potential investor in this recreational property, you must have at least €42,500 in equity.
This capital does not even have to be in cash on your account! The important thing is that you can make this capital of at least 42,500 euros cash.
In other words, you can buy a second home in France in this resort from 42,500 euros of your own funds, which can be a mix of:
- Savings in savings and current accounts
- Capital accumulated in life insurance policies (you can cash this in by pawning it in three ways)
- (Partly) redeemed property(ies) - You can pawn the redeemed capital and make it cash by means of a second mortgage
- Capital accumulated in an investment portfolio (via Lombard loan)
- Accrued capital in a group insurance as an employee - You can cash this in by taking out a loan (via pledge, reconstitution or advance payment)
- Tax-free gift that you receive (within the framework of inheritance planning, for example)
- Supplementary pension plans of entrepreneurs:
- Capital accumulated in a Private Supplementary Pension for the Self-
- Employed (cash to be taken out via loan)
- Accrued capital in an Individual Pension Plan for Company Managers (cash to be made via loan)
- Accumulated cash and reserves in a company (to be pawned and made cash via loan)
Note: In order to be able to invest from 42 500 Euros in this property, you must in most cases demonstrate an income.
In other words, if you are unemployed or if you receive a certain benefit (such as a disability benefit), you will not be eligible to finance the rest of the amount through the bank.
Are you interested in this carefree investment property? And would you like to find out what you can do best in your situation to cash in the minimum required equity of 42,500 euros?
Then do not hesitate to request more information, without obligation. Your request will go directly to an English-speaking person responsible for this project (and therefore not to French-speaking colleagues with whom you may experience an annoying language barrier).
You will be contacted as soon as possible with tailored advice in English!
Property type - Buying a second home in France
You acquire full ownership of the yield-producing property.
This means that you can invest in recreational real estate without being confronted with leasehold or building rights constructions. Naturally, this offers you the greatest freedom as an investor in real estate.
It also offers interesting fiscal possibilities (for example when you sell later).
Return on this investment with a carefree rental guarantee
Depending on the specific details (with financing, the return on your equity is higher), you will achieve a guaranteed annual return of at least 3%. This increases to 6% return after 1 year for five years in a row.
The annual return then increases further to 8% return after 6 years (again for 5 years in a row).
This return is higher than the average return on traditional savings accounts, life insurance policies, group insurance policies and all kinds of savings plans for the self-employed and entrepreneurs.
Moreover, you can count on a return guarantee by Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort, part of a world player in the field of tourist and recreational investment property.
This is an established company with an unrivalled track record and a huge market.
To recap: the rental income (and thus your annual return) is guaranteed by Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort for 11 years (+ optional extension for 9 years).
11-year rental guarantee with top yield - Buying a second home in France
Is buying a holiday home in France a good investment?
In this luxury resort in France it is!
Thanks to the mixed use and carefree rental guarantee, you are sure of your annual return and will be rewarded with two weeks of free private use per year!
Increasing guaranteed annual return
- 3% return on the purchase price of your holiday home for year 1, followed by
- 6% return on the purchase price of your second home for year 2 to year 6, followed by
- 8% return on the purchase price of your holiday home for year 7 to year 11
- Optionally extendable for 9 years after the first 11 years (at a minimum 8% rental yield per year)
- If you (partly) finance your project with a loan, the annual return on your own invested funds will be even higher
Bonus return: Entitlement to 2 weeks of free private use per year
Per year, you can use your yield property for up to 2 weeks without reducing your return (free private use for 2 weeks per year).
You can also take more weeks on a yearly basis (but at the cost of your return).
During the low and high season, it doesn't matter, you have the free choice to plan your private use (you have to reserve in time).
And just calculate what you can save on accommodation costs when you have to pay a similar amount for a holiday in the Limousin region!
This is a fantastic additional return in the form of a payment in kind (personal use).
Another plus is that as a property owner in this resort, you enjoy a 25% discount for all restaurants, facilities and activities.
Second bonus: Buy-back guarantee and resale guarantee
You can optionally make use of 2 guarantees.
Making use of these gives a very nice boost to the ultimate annual return on your invested equity.
Repurchase guarantee valid after 5 years investment horizon:
- After 5 years: Optional call-back guarantee at 100% of the original purchase price
Resale guarantee valid after 10 years investment horizon:
- After 10 years: Optional call-back guarantee at a minimum of 150% of the original purchase price
Perfect for investment horizons of 5 or 10 years (or longer) - Buying a holiday home in France
In other words, in terms of your investment horizon (how long can and will you miss your own funds):
- Investment horizon of 5 years:
- 1 year 3% return on purchase price
- Followed by 4 years of 6% annual return on the purchase price
- Then an optional 100% buy-back guarantee on the purchase price
- Investment horizon of 10 years:
- 1 year 3% return on the purchase price
- Followed by 5 years 6% annual return on the purchase price, followed by
- 4 years 8% annual return on the purchase price
- Followed by an optional resale guarantee of at least 150% on the purchase price (which represents at least 50% added value on the original purchase price)
- Investment horizon of 20 years:
- 1 year return of 3% on the purchase price
- Followed by 5 years 6% annual return on the purchase price, followed by
- 8% annual return on the purchase price for 5 years, followed by
- 9 years of further renting at a minimum of 8% per year (optional extension possible after the first 11 years)
With or without financial leverage (loan) - Huge difference
The returns mentioned above are returns calculated on the purchase price of the yield property.
This means that with the help of a (mortgage) loan, you can still increase the actual return on your invested equity.
How is this possible? Because of the well-known financial leverage effect that results from (partially) financing with the help of a (mortgage) loan.
You are guaranteed an annual return (3 to 8%) calculated on the purchase price of the holiday home with a personal contribution of, for example, only 42,500 euros.
Interest rates on loans are currently low and so you can maximise your return by (partly) financing with borrowed capital.
Tailor-made return simulations available
Interested? Do not hesitate and request more information without obligation.
Your request will go directly to an English-speaking representative responsible for this project (and therefore not to French-speaking colleagues with whom you may experience an annoying language barrier).
Are you interested in buying a second home in France as an investment in this luxury 5-star resort?
And are you interested in a return simulation tailored to your situation and wishes?
And would you like to get an idea of the financing costs and the applicable rates of a loan?
Then do not hesitate to request more information, free of obligation. An English-speaking representative responsible for this project will contact you as soon as possible for a talk and tailor-made advice.
Note: You will only be eligible for financing if you have a professional income (or if this is not the case, if you can pledge sufficient assets, such as an investment portfolio or group insurance for example).
Hands-free investment in recreational real estate with rental guarantee
This investment is made via an internationally renowned operator (Wyndham) who takes care of all the paperwork, letting and maintenance.
Buying a house in France as a country house is therefore completely carefree and with peace of mind. The maintenance of your yield property will be monitored.
Any maintenance costs and costs of replacing furniture and household effects will be borne by the operator (and not by you)!
The operator, Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort, rents out the yield property to guests of the Golf and Spa resort, insures the holiday home against fire and damage and takes care of any vacancy (you will receive your yield, rented or not).
You will also receive personal guidance from A to Z, both with regard to the government and the bank:
- You can count on personal guidance to finance the yield property as smartly and as favourably as possible. So you don't have to lose any sleep over the financing either, because you will receive help, advice and a tailor-made proposal. Everything will be put on the right track for you.
- The developer guides you with the VEFA system, designed by the French government, to make the purchase go through in instalments.
- The VEFA system means that you have to pay the VAT in advance but afterwards (one quarter later) you can recover it completely from the French government (you get all the necessary guidance from the promoter).
- The developer will also assist you in complying with the annual declaration obligations (accountant available).
Who can benefit from this investment in French holiday homes?
This investment in holiday homes is open to anyone who earns a professional income and has equity of at least EUR 42,500.
With own funds is also meant: built-up capital in your group insurance or life insurance (and for entrepreneurs applies that they can use built-up capital in a savings plan for entrepreneurs).
All these things can be used for pawning and for cashing in the accumulated capital.
Your own home can also serve as collateral for taking out a second mortgage loan.
Attention: To be able to finance such an investment property with a loan, you must be able to demonstrate a professional income.
This investment is ideal for:
- People who dream of a country house in France and are open to a mixed-use formula that will give your savings a good annual return (and who are happy with 2 weeks of free private use per year)
- Savers with at least 42,500 euros in their bank account (inflation is higher than the interest so you will be poorer every year by leaving your money in a loss-making bank account)
People who are still professionally active and earn an income. Proving income is necessary to obtain a credit to partially finance this income property.
- Investors who want to buy a property in France as an investment but do not want to deal with the stress and problems of renting it out. Here, the maintenance and rental will be taken care of for you. It is a hands-free and carefree investment in a leisure home in a luxury resort in the Limousin region. Your guaranteed income (guaranteed return) is simply paid into your bank account periodically.
- People who are let down in terms of return by their life insurance, group insurance or pension savings plan for the self-employed/entrepreneurs (IPT or VAPZ). The capital that you have already built up in this can be pawned to finance a high-yield holiday home in this resort in combination with a (mortgage) loan.
- Entrepreneurs with accumulated reserves in the company that need to be invested at a decent yield.
- Anyone who no longer has a mortgage and still wants to optimise their income tax. This investment in recreational real estate in France can give you the tax gift of long-term savings!
- Larger investors looking for well-proportioned real estate with guarantees. Indeed, you can also invest in buildings that contain several rental units from €500,000.
- Smaller investors can also participate fractionally in this fantastic resort from 17,230 euros
Location of this recreational property as an investment
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort is popular with visitors all year round and is easily accessible.
It is located in the Limousin region - a beautiful area that is still relatively unspoilt. This beautiful unspoilt area is known locally as "The Land of a Thousand Lakes":
- The popular French Lake District
- International airport easily accessible, many direct flights
- Superb road and rail connections
- Buying a second home in France in a beautiful, unspoilt area is definitely possible here
France is a very popular holiday destination for Europeans and boasts more than 80 million tourists who visit the country every year.
The Limousin region of France, home to this Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort, is teeming with forests, lakes and open landscapes.
Here, visitors of all ages can enjoy hiking, sailing, fishing, horseback riding and much more.
In summer, the temperature in the area can reach a warm 32° C, with a very pleasant average of 2,000 hours of sunshine per year, which adds to the summery, southern atmosphere.
Direct flights to Limoges airport are available from many leading European airports via airlines such as British Airways and Ryanair.
The region is also situated on a busy railway line (express train) that stretches across France, making the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort easily accessible to Parisian clients as well.
This is not insignificant from an investment perspective as this clientele of Parisian guests traditionally spends well and is less price sensitive.
The nearest train station to La Souterraine is just a 10-minute drive away. France's extensive network of motorways also ensures easy access by car.
With a rich cultural and historical heritage, the region boasts well-preserved abbeys, Romanesque churches and some beautiful fortified castles.
The region's capital, Limoges, with its cobbled streets and flowing river, is also just a short drive from the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort.
For more information and inspiration about sights, events and activities in the Nouvelle-Aquitaine region, you can always consult the official tourist website in English.
Inspection and viewing trips
Are you interested in this investment opportunity and do you dream of buying a second home in France without too many worries and with a decent return?
Then a tailor-made inspection trip is the best way to appreciate the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Resort and its beautiful surroundings amidst glistening lakes and green countryside:
- Enjoy a guided tour of the surroundings
- You will experience the beautiful surroundings in reality
- Visit and view the recreational homes (studios and flats) that are for sale
- Presentation of financial plan tailored to your available funds and investment horizon
- Walk through the beautiful grounds of the resort
- Taste the local delicacies of the area
Limousin is a truly spectacular region in France and a tailor-made inspection trip to the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf and Spa Resort can be arranged.
This way you can admire and experience this beautiful unspoilt region up close.
From the moment you set foot on the lush, green and expansive grounds of Wyndham Halcyon Retreat, you will undoubtedly fall in love with its unspoilt, tranquil and naturally beautiful rural setting.
Feel free to ask for more information to discuss and plan your consultation and viewing trip (everything can be tailored to your individual needs).
You can receive assistance with transportation to and from the airport or to and from the railway station.
Progress of the resort
The Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort is currently undergoing continuous change. The resort is still being developed. This listing shows some of the work that has been completed up to the time of publication.
As time goes by, more and more changes are taking place in the resort. Because it is such a unique project, great care is taken to ensure the progress of the construction.
The project consists of both existing and new buildings. Both the existing and new buildings will contain studios and flats.
At the bottom of this page you can see some examples of work in progress, including the installation of utilities, work on accommodation buildings and the start of the spa, a unique construction taking place both inside and outside a historic castle with graceful towers.
More of the buildings are currently being erected, along with further progress on the construction of the 18-hole golf course.
Interested in buying a second home in France | Invest safely and carefree in this resort!
Are you interested in this opportunity in the Limousin region?
Please do not hesitate to request more in-depth information from an English-speaking advisor for this project on buying a second home in France in this fabulously beautiful resort.
If you wish, they will be happy to meet you at a suitable location for a presentation and a financial plan tailored to your wishes, desires, investment horizon and available funds.
Also with the financing you can get English guidance from A to Z!
So buying a second home in France does not have to be complicated! Ask here for more information and you will receive all-in support in your mother tongue!
And remember: While we have done our best to give you an insight into the luxury and lifestyle of this fabulous Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort, the best way to truly appreciate it is to visit it.
Request more information here and you are guaranteed free guidance from an English-speaking consultant for this project.
You will be guided in your mother tongue with an advisory meeting and viewing trip to the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort.
- Free English-language simulations tailored to your situation and wishes (financial plan, with or without financing options)
- Viewing trips and site visit possible from only € 179 (refunded if you invest later)
Frequently Asked Questions - Buying a second home in France
Express trains from Paris Austerlitz to La Souterraine run regularly throughout the day and the journey time is approximately 2 hours 40 minutes.
Once you arrive at La Souterraine station, Halcyon Retreat Resort is just a 15-minute drive away.
More information about train times and prices can be found on the following official website.
The management company is Château La Cazine SAS (CLC). CLC currently manages the Resort and is owned by Halcyon Retreat.
CLC has signed a 20-year contract with the world's largest hotel group, Wyndham Hotel Group, to market the resort worldwide (franchise agreement).
Wyndham Worldwide has over 49 million customers in their loyalty programme and the Resort will be branded as the Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf and Spa Resort.
The Resort will meet all international standards and will benefit from the Wyndham management and training programmes.
Wyndham is the largest hotel group in the world. They are expanding their presence in Europe, as their presence in other countries, particularly the USA and the Far East, is significant.
Brands that are part of the Wyndham group include Ramada®, Dolce Hotels and Resorts®, Travelodge® and James Villas®.
They have chosen Halcyon Retreat as the brand's flagship property in France and it will be part of Wyndham Worldwide's marketing campaign. The agreement took place on 12 September 2016.
Halcyon Retreat Resort will now have access to Wyndham's 49 million customers. This will have a positive impact on year-round occupancy and room rates, putting the resort firmly on the map as one of the most sought-after luxury hotel resorts in Europe.
The Resort has a complete three-phase planning process, including:
- Main hotel (currently in operation)
- 18-hole golf course (under construction)
- Château Spa (under construction)
- Indoor facilities for children (indoor playground)
- Main reception desk & shop
- Aqua Adventure Park (third phase)
- Golf Clubhouse & Restaurant
- 138 two-bedroom flats
- 111 studios
- 69 1-bedroom flats
- 15 3-bedroom flats
- 1 4-bedroom flat
- 4 luxury tree house apartments
- Château de la Cazine, a 19-room luxury boutique hotel with an à la carte restaurant, wedding, conference and event facilities
- 220 hectares, bordered by 2 lakes and a protected forest
- Fishing, horse-riding, walking and mountain biking
- Tennis courts
- Outdoor pool
As an investor, you buy a luxury studio or flat in FULL OWNERSHIP. Buying your second home in France is not done through constructions with long lease or building rights.
- You buy the property directly from the developer who owns the land
- There is full planning permission and construction has already started
- There are already existing and finished yield properties and an operational, award-winning hotel (which has entered into a franchise agreement with the world's largest hotel group)
- The developer owns the land and financed without bank financing and without pledging
- The directors have over 15 years experience in the industry, with the successful delivery of over 3,000 properties worldwide
- If you buy a holiday home in France at this resort, you will enjoy a lifetime of after-sales service
This system is secure and controlled by the French government.
VEFA is the legal system for buying a property in France 'on plan'. It is secure and reliable, with payments made to a government official called a 'notary' rather than to the developer. The notary then releases the funds to the developer only when he is satisfied that the building has reached a certain stage in accordance with the legal requirement.
Payments through the VEFA system are made in the following manner:
- 5% down payment
- 29% - due when the foundations and sub-foundations are laid
- 36% - once the building has been raised to roof level and is watertight
- 25% - payable on completion
- 5% - payable upon renting out the property and handing over the keys
This VEFA system ensures that you own the title deed almost from day one while having the security of only having to pay for the property when it is actually built.
The holiday home is fully managed for you and this is a carefree real estate investment without headaches and annoying tenants.
Buying a second home in France with a top return and completely carefree management? In this resort it is reality!
Specifically, you will receive an annual return of 3% during the first year, 6% return for years 2 to 6 and finally 8% return for years 7 to 11.
The income for your first year is paid to you in advance and this pro rata to the phased VEFA payments in instalments.
In addition to receiving your annual return, you can also enjoy 2 weeks free personal use of your home per year.
You can schedule these 2 weeks freely by calling the booking line between 1 February and 1 March. You can schedule 2 weeks and you are free to choose between the high and low season. The time of private use has no impact on your return.
If you choose to use the property for more than 2 weeks in a year, 0.5% of your return is deducted for each additional week you take.
In other words, if you make your recreational home available to the resort for rental for at least 50 weeks a year, your return will be a true net return without an additional deduction for additional costs.
Wyndham Halcyon Retreat Golf & Spa Resort is part of the French lease back scheme.
To comply with this lease back regulation, an owner must offer his property for rent through the resort for at least half of the weeks on a yearly basis. This means that you can use your own holiday home for a maximum of six months a year.
Please note: You can personally use your holiday home for up to 2 weeks on an annual basis without affecting your return.
If you choose to use your holiday home for more than 2 weeks (but in any case for a maximum of six months) in a year, 0.5% of your annual return will be deducted for each additional week you take up.
The reservation line (with a central telephone number) is open from 1 February to 1 March.
During this period, you can schedule and reserve your own use by telephone (during the periods you block for yourself, your property will not be available for rent through the resort).
You can schedule up to 2 weeks of free private use without sacrificing profitability.
Would you like more weeks for private use? No problem, you can have up to six months of private use per year. Please note that if you exceed the standard 2 weeks, a 0.5% return will be deducted per extra used week on top of the standard 2 weeks per year.
If you do not reserve anything, all non-reserved weeks will be made available to the resort to rent out the property.
Note: If you have not booked both 2 weeks between 1 February and 1 March, and you change your mind for example in quarter three, you can! So you can still take the remaining weeks during the year for your own use.
Please note that in such a scenario, there is a chance that your property has already been rented out. This then leads to you being allocated a similar property to stay in at the resort.
This is another name for the situation in which you only use the standard two weeks of your own use.
It is therefore a situation in which you make your yield property available to the resort for a minimum of 50 weeks per year in order to rent it out to guests.
In such a scenario, you are not charged any additional costs and the guaranteed returns are real net returns!
Buying a second home in France in this resort as a carefree yield property?
Then take into account the French additional purchase costs: these amount to 3% of the purchase price (to be paid to the French notary).
There are no costs for fittings and furniture. Everything is included in the purchase price, so there will be no unpleasant surprises later!
All renovation costs are the responsibility of the management company for the 11-year rental period. This may be shorter or longer, as explained above, depending on what you choose.
Being a 5-star resort, the management company will pay for all necessary maintenance works and periodically replace furniture and furnishings in order to maintain a high level of comfort.
At the end of the 11-year lease, an estimate of the work required will be made and passed on to the owner.
However, these are really minimal costs as the property will be kept permanently up to standard for rental by the management company during those 11 years.
If after 11 years you take the property into the rental scheme for another 9 years, the management company will again be responsible for all these costs during this extended lease period, just as they were during the first 11 years.
So as the owner of the full property, you can sleep on both ears.
In fact, the promoter will bear all the renovation costs (both for the property and the inventory and furniture) during the 11-year contract (which can be extended for another 9 years if desired).
So you don't run the risk of having to pay for extremely expensive renovation and refurbishment works later.
A viewing trip is a wonderful opportunity for prospective buyers to visit the resort, stay in the luxury château hotel and fully enjoy the award-winning gastronomy.
This way, you can really experience what it is like to own property in France.
The only thing you have to organise yourself is transport to the airport of Limoges or the railway station of La Souterraine.
Of course, you can also simply visit us with your own car.
Tip: There are also customers who like to make a stopover in Paris for a night or two before taking the express train through the heart of France to get off at La Souterraine station.
On arrival at the airport or train station, you will be met by someone from the organisation and then driven to the resort by car.
The cost of an inspection trip is as follows (maximum two nights):
- 1 night in the luxury boutique castle hotel: €179 per room
- 2 nights in the boutique castle hotel: €279 per room
The price includes:
- Transfers from Limoges airport or La Souterraine train station
- Breakfast, lunch and à la carte menu (drinks will be at an additional cost)
- The cost of the night(s) will be fully and completely refunded if you decide to purchase property such as a studio or flat (after the first payment has been made).
Interested in buying a second home in France in this resort? And would you like a detailed tailor-made financial plan to see the expected return? Plus a visit on site to inspect everything yourself?
- Please contact an English-speaking real estate advisor for this project via the contact form on this page.
- While you are in contact with this advisor, request 2 possible dates to visit the resort together
- These dates will then be compared to the availability of the rooms of the château hotel
- You will send a completed visit form to the reception desk for processing, booking and confirmation of your visit
- The customer service department will then contact you to definitively confirm everything
Buying a second home in France as a safe and profitable real estate investment? This is done in 5 steps:
- When you have chosen a property that suits your wishes, needs, available equity and investment horizon, you fill in a booking form to be signed together with an English-speaking real estate advisor of this project.
- Once completed, the developer will take the desired yield property off the market.
- You will receive a welcome package and a proposed purchase contract to review and read.
- Fourteen days later the developer will ask for a deposit of € 1000 by credit/debit card or bank transfer. This deposit is refunded once the sale is completed.
- A personalised contract is sent to you for signature and you have 7 days to pay your first instalment to the notary (21 days after completing the booking form).
After you have confirmed your ownership, you will be assigned a dedicated consultant who is solely responsible for the after-sales service.
So you can always contact them with additional questions.